Absolute strength. Sharp acceleration. Explosive power. The modern era of football demands that athletes in all positions are exposed to quality strength training programs that translate strength gains into better performance on the field and limit athlete vulnerability to injury.
Developed with the expertise of the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), Strength Training for Football shows you how to design resistance training programs that will help athletes excel on the field. The book will help you understand the specific physical demands of the six groups of positions—offensive and defensive linemen; tight ends, fullbacks, and linebackers; wide receivers and running backs; defensive backs; quarterbacks; and kickers and punters. You will also find the following:
- 11 testing protocols for measuring and assessing athletes’ strength, power, speed, agility, endurance, and anaerobic capacity
- 11 total body exercises with 14 variations
- 20 lower body exercises with 13 variations
- 23 upper body exercises with 29 variations
- 15 core exercises with 35 variations
- 115 sample programs—90 of which are position-specific—for off-season, preseason, in-season, and postseason resistance training